Friday, August 3, 2012

Two weeks will tell....

In the next two weeks my world will change forever.  The adoption board is to meet and review my paperwork for my adoption process.  The first week of August I will start my last class for my masters and have a thesis meeting for my final paper.  Life will be very different in both areas.

Just finished the VIRAL conference for church planters. Over 175 church planters gathered for instruction and encouragement. Nine excellent main session and 11 workshops.  It was an amazing feeling to help plan a conference again.  I was thrilled to see the ideas come to life on stage and in the workshop rooms.  THANKS to all who spoke and pitched in to serve.  GREAT JOB.  We do it again in August.  Can we start this time in Feb 2013. It would help to settle this American mind for planning.

At the end of this month two small groups from my church will do a mission trip to a remote area in Kenya near Voi, to serve at a kids camp for three days.  40 adults, 300 kids and teens.  Looking forward to it.  Pray for us.

It's my birthday in 2 days finishing 48 years.  If you know me I celebrate for one month.  Each week doing something that I enjoy.  This year is weird.  Can't really put my mind around what I want to do, that doesn't include eating. NO money to travel.  I will find something to do.  It will involve theater, movies and friends.

I miss my family, my church, and sailing on Lake Michigan.

Speaking at a Women conference in Kibera. A wonderful visit from my boss Mark and his daughter Madeline with my friends Janice and Estelle.






No comments: