Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's on , It's off and it's on again

Adoption

WOW the difference a few hours or days can make.  On August 17th, the adoption agency approved my adoption paperwork.  this means that I can stay to search for a child.  On August 22th, I met with the social workers thinking I was going to receive a list of available girls age 18 months to 3 years.  In a few moments I was told there are no available girls that age and I will have to wait for three months.  I just sat there kind of numb.  Glad that those who needed adoption was received into families, but shocked that now everything is on hold.  I prayed that God would direct the timing and process.  On August 24th, I received another phone call that there is a little girl about two hours away and was I willing to travel there.  YES!! So now its back on again.  This week they will submit my paperwork to the home and the week after I can visit. 

Now this is where I will freak out.  The thought of selecting a child is a little intimidating.  I hate the feeling that i will say no to a child or yes.  Based on what.  I know there are medical and emotional issues that might rule out the possibility of me parenting a child.  Pray that I will hear from God about who to consider and move towards adopting.  


School

I FINISHED MY LAST CLASS!!!  Project Management was good but my mind was so DONE! Beside that I was going through the adoption stuff mentioned above.  During the last class I brought snacks to celebrate with another student Jackson and our class, we both started together. I am so excited that this part of the master's program is over.  Now I am freaking out about the thesis.  I have the director of our department and the deputy vice chancellor of the school as my supervisors. This is the part that I along with thousands of other HATE this process.  Believe me, I have learned a lot, lets just leave it at that. Please pray that I stay focused and complete the thesis at the same time I will be adjusting to being a parent.

Birthday
Also had a great birthday celebration with fellow student who shared the same day.

Okay that think that's most of the news so far.  Be blessed.


No comments: