Friday, October 29, 2010

In A Good Place

Greetings Everyone,
I pray that as we enter the holiday season we really thank God for the blessings, struggles, hope and His grace. I thank God that I am in a good place. Last year this time I had five desires and prayers before God. Praise God four of the five big prayers in my life have been answered positively, the fifth one is not answered yet :(. But I will keep it before Him.

#1
I get to volunteer with the WCA/GLS Kenya office. I love the WCA Leadership Summit. When I moved to Kenya I really missed volunteering at Willow Creek Association's conferences. I have only served two days but I am so blessed to do anything that helps the Kenyan leaders be encouraged, challenged and given new insight by God. Pray for Nov 4th and 5th.

#2
I wanted to go to school for my Master's. This time last year I didn't know where but had a strong desire to open another avenue for future ministry. I had learned I had a growing heart to reached the really unreached of the world for Christ. I started Nairobi International School of Theology this past Sept. I have only attended two classes but I am excited to be in a learning environment. I am getting a Masters in Organizational Leadership. I would like to work in a restricted area in an NGO. Pray that I am able to dedicate the time to do well. During these two years that God will show me where to invest the next half of my life.

#3
Minsitry outreach. I have been learning about the Islamic world. I wanted to be in an environment where I could interact with those who have not interacted with Christ followers. I am tutoring fully veiled women, young and older men in English at a local Community Center. I am meeting wonderful young people and will be helping with a teenage group on life skills. I am planning to use my NUrsing skills next year. Pray that I have opportunities to show others CHRIST the true Messiah and invite them to join His Kingdom.

#4
I have traveled around East Africa for the last two and half years. I have enjoyed it, but I REALLY missed having a church home. Most Sunday I was preaching-love that too. But had not found a church home for spiritual connection. PRAISE GOD!!! I have joined Nairobi Chapel. I am a part of the prayer ministry. Extra bonus I have a great apartment in the city.

Still praying for direction in choosing a ministry to work with and under while on the field. I am interviewing with a minsitry this Dec. PRAY FOR WISDOM!!!

Still praying for friendships here. I am having a small gathering at my home to build friendships with others here. PRAY for discernment. Most single women my age are missionaries, but also trying to find national friendships.


P.S. I am learning Swahili --Ninajifunza Swahili.
Yesu Kristo anapenda watu Wote-- Jesus Christ loves all people.

Have a good day and Live for Christ Jesus with your heart, BODY and soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed our meeting on Monday. I saw your father and mother on last night and I asked about the book you were to leave for me. He said that he would ask you about it. Remember this: If God brings you to it. He will bring you through it. Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God. You are blessed and a blessing. I look forward to working with you in the future.

Peace and Blessings,
Chaplain Marsha Taylor